Sample Investment Banking Resume-CV Template and Format used by New-Fresh and Non Fresh Graduate used to Complete Cover Letter or Job Application
1234, East 80 Street,
Carlisle, MA 01741,
University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign, IL
MBA in Finance (May 2005)
American University, Washington, DC
BS, Business Administration/Finance (May 2000)
Magna Cum Laude, Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society
Morgan Stanley, Menlo Park, CA
Investment Banking Senior Analyst, Mergers/Acquisitions
July 2002 – July 2003
* One of the two senior analysts selected from over thirty candidates.
* Analyzed financial and strategic rationales of potential mergers in technology industry in conjunction with client’s senior management teams.
* Developed financial models and company valuations using methodologies including pro-forma merger analysis and discounted equity valuation.
* Advised private equity firm on potential $600 million investment in leading semiconductor company.
* Representative transactions: Advised Xilinx in acquisition of RocketChip for an undisclosed amount; advised Macromedia on $360 million acquisition of Allaire.
Merrill Lynch, New York, NY
Investment Banking Analyst
June 2000 – June 2002
* Lead analyst in more than $2.3 billion in lead-managed and co-managed public and private offerings of debt and equity and M&A transactions.
* Analyses included discontinued cash flow; company comparables; and internal rate of return and weighted average cost of capital.
* Designed integrated financial models to forecast financial growth, analyze pro forma effects of M&A activity, define capital raising scenarios, and value entities.
* Assisted senior bankers and client senior management in execution of a variety of capital markets transactions, primarily in technology industry.
* Fluent in Spanish
* President, Business Leadership Association, American University, 2001
* Co-Chair, Merrill Lynch Philanthropic Advisory Committee, 2000
* Outstanding Intern Award, Deitsche Bank AG London, 1999